THE DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
The Department of Political Science is one of the leading 'departments' of our college" The Department can rightfully claim a pioneering role in this regard under the Burdwan University. National, State-level, Departmental seminars are held regularly. Teachers of different Universities and Colleges deliver their valuable lectures to the benefit of students and teachers alike. These seminars help them keep abreast of contemporary political issues.
The specific academic curriculum suggested by BU with co-curricular activities is supplemented and reinforced by organizing frequent debates, quizzes, mock parliament, sensitization programs etc. which help in an all round development of the students’ personality. The college houses a well equipped library having all important periodicals, journals, books, and other publications in political Science and other related fields.
In addition to the traditional lecture method we have evolved our own co operative system of learning in which a class is converted into a session of constructive dialogue on important as well as very common unnoticeable issues, thereby encouraging students to formulate thought provoking opinion with respect to the most acceptable hypothesis.
Our Aims and Objectives:
1. We wish to organize an active Alumni Association.
2. We wish to arrange Interdisciplinary classes at regular basis.
3. To help the students to become mature and to make them socialized properly.
4. To encourage them continually to strive after excellence in every field.
5. To make the student to be a good citizen of our country as well as a good human being.
6. To become agents of needed social change in their country.
7. Wish to arrange sensitization programs at regular basis about recent problems of our society.
8. To organize special remedial classes or motivational camp for our irregular students / first generation learners.
9. To organize parent-teacher meeting at least twice a year.
10. Wish to arrange a social survey about socio-economic condition of the peoples living our college surroundings.
However, our department as well as our Institution further aims to promote values such as respect for Indian common cultural heritage, democracy, secularism, justice, fundamental duties. equality of sexes, protection of environment, removal of social barriers, positive patriotism ,responsible use of cybernetics and mass media, transparency ,national unity and integrity, communal harmony etc. mostly enshrined in the constitution of our beloved country India, may prevail and the possibility of living a fully human existence be opened before all.
|SL No||NAME OF THE TEACHERS|
|1||Prof. Syed Manuaruz Zaman|
|2||Nilmoni Mukherjee (SACT)|
|3||Tanushree Sinha (SACT)|
|4||Raihana Nasrin (SACT)|
CLASS ROUTINE DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE : Click Here to View